Saturday, March 14, 2009

Lets Play The "What's In The Potty?" Game

Hello Friends,

Ok, now with three very little boys in the house you are bound to have your days and your days and your days. And then there are THOSE days. Like the days we play a little game in our house I like to call What's In The Potty? The boys play it very well I might add. Papa does not like to play at all. Mama, well I try to stay out of the fun, let it be Father Son bonding time. This is how it goes. Someone goes potty, seems to be Peanut that gets to be the lucky one more than anyone else, and keep in mind this is the child who cannot stand to be dirty or touch dirty things. Well this person then tries to flush but potty almost floods rather than flush, I might add here wearing some sort of waterproof bottom slipper is almost a must for this game. Then comes Papa's part of the game to go fishing for the unknown. What could it be today? A pencil, a hot wheel, could just be a whole lot of toilet paper wadded in balls, or better yet the entire role still on the cardboard tube. Or how about six little socks. Could be a binky or maybe one, two, or three of the play fish from tubby time, could be a pull-up or pair of undies. Now even might want to stretch your imagination just a bit and it could be the tail gate to the carrier truck that three year old is missing. And the guessing goes on and on and on, and oh the anticipation. But the best part of the game is just starting as Papa gets to pull the toilet off the floor because it is never just stuck at the bottom no they had to flush and flush and flush to see how many times it took for their surprise item to go bye bye, it just just adds to the fun of the game. With the mounting excitement Papa comes in with rubber gloves, bucket, screwdriver, garbage bags over the arms, mask, and goggles. This game may not be for those with weak stomaches like Papa. But Father Son bonding is so very important. Some days it takes a little longer than others but alas the item for today is . . . it's it's it's a bar of soap. Not just any bar but the special custom made expensive Psoriorsis bar from Etsy. Yay mystery solved, for today anyway. Join us next week and we will play the "What did you draw on your brother?" game. Yes, one of THOSE days. They are happening way to often lately and of course no one did it, lol.





Never a dull moment, never a dull moment. So I came across this picture just yesterday and thought it could solve part of the mystery game. It's a puzzle. you need to figure out the puzzle to get your TP. Hope you are not in a hurry.


Bless you all friends,

Mama Cat

9 comments:

Jeanne said...

It gets easier... People who say it doesn't don't really remember all of the fun. From a mom of 4.

Unknown said...

I love that- great idea!!!

mira said...

When I was potty-training my first son, we had one potty that was all one piece (like a baby bjorn, but italian), and another american brand that had a little bucket that came out. Quite often, DS would try to sit down, only to discover that our kitten was playing hide-and-seek from under the bucket. Talk about a deterrent! We got rid of that potty pretty quickly and luckily the flush button on toilets here is out of DS's reach so we haven't had to play What's In The (big) Potty very often.

Christie Cottage said...

I love the locking toilet paper holder!

Amy Horan said...

LOL! Things to look forward to! I am expecting and I came to your blog from your Etsy shop, which I found while looking for baby toys for our expected 1st. I just wanted to say how amazed I was by all of the beautiful things you and your husband have made! I was immediately interested in your shop when I saw your comment that "all wood is a resource from God," which impressed me very much. I personally am Catholic, and I thought it was so neat how you pray using a rosary! I, too, find it hugely beneficial to prayer to have the concrete aspect of our humanity integrated with our spirit. Thank you for all of your wonderful handmade items, and for your small apostolate on Etsy! :) May God bless you and your beautiful family.

Jeanne said...

Hey there, I hope all is well with you and your family! God bless you and your family.

Andrea said...

I love the locking toilet paper holder!

Marti said...

HAHAHA Cute story....I never had to go through that. I have one little girl and she is 22 now, but definitely sounds like never a dull moment. LOL :)

NEEDLEWINGS said...

lol too funny!